Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ca...@unr.nevada.edu on 2004/06/14 23:12:50 UTC

RE: How do I run servlets on the root directory of localhost?

I am not using Apache although I wish we were, my boss believes in an all
windows enviroment, so this is on server 2003 with IIS, I havent set up tomcat
with IIS yet, because of this problem. I will look at that file server.xml but
I've been in there before (to change from port 8080 to 80) and didn't see any
setting that looked like it would help.

-Seth Carter-

Re: How do I run servlets on the root directory of localhost?

Posted by ca...@unr.nevada.edu.
Hi all

I just tried changing the configuration to index.jsp, and I still get

HTTP Status 404 - /

type Status report

message /

description The requested resource (/) is not available.

Apache Tomcat/4.1.30

On a side note, I finally got the IIS redirector working. However it only works
with the examples servlet, not with admin or webmathematica. I feel that this
has something to do with the worker.properties file or the uriworker.properties
file. I just need a little insight and guidance on what I may be missing. Once
again thank you all for sharing your wisdom with me. I appreciate it.

Posted by Jarl Skogsholm <ja...@lamarido.net>.

Posted by Jarl Skogsholm <ja...@lamarido.net>.

Posted by Schalk <sc...@volume4.co.za>.
I would suggest you look at the server.xml, I am not 100% sure but there
should be a place where the ROOT directory is set-up to be the default
directory that is served.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Kind Regards
Schalk Neethling
[...]

[...]