Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by CarstenM <Ca...@1822-s-inform.de> on 2007/07/09 17:57:59 UTC

T5: Grid component / Date columns are not displayed

Hey guys,

I am new to tapestry and I know T5 is still alpha.
But anyway, I have a class with a few Date attributes.
This class should be displayed with a grid component but all the Date
attributes are missing.
Is there already a solution for Date columns in a Grid component?

Additionally, how can I change the column width?

Cheers
Carsten

Re: T5: Grid component / Date columns are not displayed

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
no and yes :-)

The underlying BeanModelSource is driven by extensible contributions,
so it is quite possible to contribute in a mapping from java.util.Date
to "date" and provide a block for displaying dates.

When will this get fixed?  In a perfect universe, I would be able to
perfect (and document) each feature before adding the next.  However,
I think people are very eager to see the Ajax support, so that's
pretty much next on my list.

On 7/11/07, elmeromero <je...@jungdms.de> wrote:

> Hey Howard,
>
> is there a timetable on the date-feature?
> Is there a workaround?
>

> Thanks in advance
> Jens
>

> Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
> >
> > On 7/9/07, CarstenM <Ca...@1822-s-inform.de> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hey guys,
> >>
> >> I am new to tapestry and I know T5 is still alpha.
> >> But anyway, I have a class with a few Date attributes.
> >
> > That's coming.
> >
> >> This class should be displayed with a grid component but all the Date
> >> attributes are missing.
> >> Is there already a solution for Date columns in a Grid component?
> >>
> >> Additionally, how can I change the column width?
> >
> > Every TH and TD is rendered with an appropriate CSS class value, based
> > on the name of the property ... do a view source for the details.  You
> > can then add explicit width controls via standard CSS.
> >

> >> Cheers
> >> Carsten
> >> --
> >>

> > --
> > Howard M. Lewis Ship
> > TWD Consulting, Inc.
> > Independent J2EE / Open-Source Java Consultant
> > Creator and PMC Chair, Apache Tapestry
> > Creator, Apache HiveMind
> >
> > Professional Tapestry training, mentoring, support
> > and project work.  http://howardlewisship.com

Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.

Posted by elmeromero <je...@jungdms.de>.
Hey Howard,

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
On 7/9/07, CarstenM <Ca...@1822-s-inform.de> wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I am new to tapestry and I know T5 is still alpha.
> But anyway, I have a class with a few Date attributes.

That's coming.

> This class should be displayed with a grid component but all the Date
> attributes are missing.
> Is there already a solution for Date columns in a Grid component?
>
> Additionally, how can I change the column width?

Every TH and TD is rendered with an appropriate CSS class value, based
on the name of the property ... do a view source for the details.  You
can then add explicit width controls via standard CSS.

> Cheers
> Carsten

Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.