Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Armando Arteaga <ka...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/03 18:09:01 UTC

Derby connection

Hi:
  I'm trying to connect to the derby database that come with the
default installation of jetspeed 2.  Can anyone tell me the URL i must
use with my DBVisualizer to do so? I'm missing the port,databaseName,
userName and password.

Thanks

Armando

Re: Derby connection

Posted by Philip Mark Donaghy <ph...@gmail.com>.
This is in fact all true but you will find that you can not access
this database while Jetspeed is running. When I tried this the
embedded driver tells you that there is already a instance using the
database. So if you need to connect simultaneously you need the
network driver.

On 4/3/06, Ludwig Laman <ll...@exist.com> wrote:
> Hi Armando,
>
> Is this what you wanted?
>
>     username = ""
>     password=""
>     driverClassName="org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver"
>     url="jdbc:derby:C:\Program Files\Apache Jetspeed
> 2.0/webapps/jetspeed/WEB-INF/productiondb;create=true"
>
> You can find this inside the conf\catalina\localhost\jetspeed.xml of the
> multi-db installer of J2.
>
> HTH,
> Ludwig
>
> Armando Arteaga wrote:
>
> >Hi:
> >  I'm trying to connect to the derby database that come with the
> >default installation of jetspeed 2.  Can anyone tell me the URL i must
> >use with my DBVisualizer to do so? I'm missing the port,databaseName,
> >userName and password.
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >Armando

Philip Donaghy
Skype: philipmarkdonaghy
Office: +33 5 56 60 88 02
Mobile: +33 6 20 83 22 62

Re: Derby connection

Posted by Ludwig Laman <ll...@exist.com>.
Hi Armando,

SV: Derby connection

Posted by Kjell Dirdal <kj...@start.no>.
Hi Armando Arteaga.
I uses IBM Cloudscape Workbench. This program is free in use. JetSpeed uses
derby database to store the settings and user properties.

What you need is derby driver to access the database. You find it at
Apache.org.

So what now. There is how I connect to derby:

	<"Jetspeed root">\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\productiondb\
	This is the database location on your system harddrive.

	org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver
	This is the driver you must use to access the database.

	Here is the connection URL
	jdbc:derby:C:\Program Files\Apache Jetspeed
2.0\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-	INF\productiondb;create=true

	The username is: admin
	No password

Good luck.

By the way. I have tried the JetSpeed 2.0. I will recommend Liferay for
making Portlet solutions instead. http://www.liferay.com. Easy to install
and gives you the freedom of designing the portlet like you want it to look.
JetSpeed 2.0 does not allow that flexibility. Pluto is ideal for testing and
debugging. http://portals.apache.org/pluto/

Regards,
Kjell Dirdal
RySoft Software