Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by chris brown <de...@reflexe.fr> on 2001/09/24 14:54:40 UTC

Re: automcaticly restarting tomcat after crash?

I don't have a solution to your question.

However, as tomcat opens several ports, including server management ports,
it might be interesting to allow management applications to "ping" tomcat on
one of these ports and relaunch the service if it doesn't respond.

I don't know how to "ping" tomcat in this way.  Restarting the service
should be possible in platform-dependent ways ("Runtime.exec(...) ...") --
would be nice if the Java Daemons API became available... :-(

-Chris

Posted by Hans Brattberg <ha...@erudio.se>.
Is this a feature that is, or could be, a part of the mod_webapp?
/Hans

> I don't have a solution to your question.
>
> However, as tomcat opens several ports, including server management
ports,
> it might be interesting to allow management applications to "ping"
tomcat on
> one of these ports and relaunch the service if it doesn't respond.
>
> I don't know how to "ping" tomcat in this way.  Restarting the
service
> should be possible in platform-dependent ways ("Runtime.exec(...)
...") --
> would be nice if the Java Daemons API became available... :-(
>
> -Chris

Hans Brattberg
Erudio, www.erudio.se
Lindvallsgatan 11