Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by ha...@nexgo.de on 2009/06/25 12:12:40 UTC

Documentation about implementing an OpenSocial container

Hi all,

a few days ago I have finished my thesis about implementing the opensocial api into an existing social network.

http://harry011.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/opensocial_containerimpl.pdf

The underlying social network is a prototype work for a german university. The document gives an introduction to opensocial and shows the work to be done for implementing the api in a social network using shindig. Besides the technical aspects like creating the appropriate iframe url, application management aspects for the social network, like installing an app are also shown.
The work closes with a discussion of opensocial. In this discussion I have also mentioned the ebay selling manager applications which sits on top of google gadgets and bring their own api. I think this is only one approach and much more for other fields will follow in future.
The work is written in German.

Feedback is welcome

Harry

Jetzt klicken und gucken! Das Arcor.de Fotoalbum mit tausenden von öffentlich einsehbaren Privatfotos!
Wir empfehlen die Kategorie Singles!
http://www.arcor.de/rd/palb

Re: Documentation about implementing an OpenSocial container

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for this German addon! Feel free to add in in the wiki [1].

Cheers,

Vincent

[1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SHINDIG/Index#Index-ArticlesonShindig