Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by ssharavanan <ss...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/28 10:13:20 UTC

Snapshot getting under archive folder

We are performing a snapshot copy from one cluster 'A' to another cluster
'B'.

During the export snapshot process all the data falls under
/hbasedata/archive/data/Namespace. We were expecting the data to be under
/hbasedata/data/. Is this normal?

How to have all our data inside /hbasedata/data by default during our export
or restore snapshot process?

Re: Snapshot getting under archive folder

Posted by Matteo Bertozzi <th...@gmail.com>.
exporting to archive is normal. that's how snapshot works.
hbase knows how to deal with it.

just use the restore_snapshot or clone_snapshot and you'll have your table
available.
for hbase it doesn't really matter where the files are

Matteo