Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2015/10/16 12:40:33 UTC

[OFFLIST] Re: Moderators wanted

(off list because I'm going to mention something that is on a private list)

On 15/10/2015 12:06, Martin Grigorov wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 12:24 PM, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On 01/12/2014 16:24, Martin Grigorov wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> As an ASF Member I already have access to those lists. I'd volunteer for
>>> private@ and security@ if this is OK with you.
>>
>> Martin,
>>
>> Sorry I dropped the ball on this. Is this still something you are
>> willing to take on?
>>

> Sure!

Thanks.

I remain of the opinion that you really need to be a PMC member to
moderate these lists. It just seems plain wrong that we'd trust someone
to moderate the security list but not trust them to be on the PMC.
Anyway,... if you peek at the private list you'll see that I have
started the process to fix that anomaly.

We don't need to wait for that to sort itself out before adding you as a
moderator. Apologies if you are aware of everything below. It was
quicker for me to type this than it was to log onto the mail server and
check if you were already a moderator somewhere.

As a moderator you interact with the list server via e-mail as described
in [1]. Commands are validated based on the e-mail address you send them
from. To set this up I'll need to know which e-mail address you want me
to configure as your moderation address (it can be the same as your
subscription address or a different one).

When you send an e-mail as a moderator, if you cc the appropriate list
owner we'll all see that has been actioned and what hasn't so we won't
duplicate effort.

There is no need to explicitly reject spam. You can just delete the
moderation message and the mail server will drop the message after a few
days.

Thanks again,

Mark

[1]
http://untroubled.org/ezmlm/manual/Remote-Administration.html#Remote-Administration

Re: [OFFLIST] Re: Moderators wanted

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 16/10/2015 11:40, Mark Thomas wrote:
> (off list because I'm going to mention something that is on a private list)

Apologies all. My bad. Hit reply and forgot to edit the addressee.

Mark