Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sonja Löhr <so...@t-online.de> on 2003/09/01 15:09:15 UTC

unpacking war file outside webapps: FileNotFoundException: MANIFEST.MF

Hi, all!

First of all, my system:

redhat 9.0
jdk 1.4.2
tomcat 4.1.27
and the apache-connection:
apache 2.47
JK2 with a channel.socket, ajp13 worker, ....

I've just managed to get apache and tomcat together, it now works, say,
"often", but there is a curious problem I don't understand:

As a first step towards virtualhosts I changed the appBase of the default
host (localhost) to a directory under
/var/www, and set unpackWARS=true.
I just placed a war file in this new appBase, but when tomcat starts, it
doesn't find the MANIFEST.MF file inside the war (which exists!!).
Obscure:
Setting appBase back to "webapps" and putting the SAME war file there, I
have no problems and never had.

Does that sound familiar to some of you?

In fact, I would rather use just the docBase attribute on a Context element
to point into the /var/www/... directory, but it seems that automated
war-unpacking can only be done in the host's appBase, right?

You would really help me with some hint,
thanks a lot in advance,

Sonja