Posted to commons-dev@ws.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@apache.org> on 2008/12/14 22:38:19 UTC

WSCOMMONS-377

I made some changes today that purport to address WSCOMMONS-377. I've
deployed a snapshot, perhaps JUDDI can try it out?

Here is a summary of the situation as I see it.

Make a collection. Set a base URI for the collection. Try to read some
schemas from DOM elements (not documents)  into the collection of the
form:

<xs:schema>
  <xs:import ... with relative URI for the source />
</xs:schema>

These schemas have inherent system ID, and no target namespace. So the
collection rejects duplicates.

Well, that didn't work, and it doesn't work, and I don't see why it
should work. A program doing this had better generate some unique
system IDs for these schemas and pass them in.

OK, so, let's assume that you do that. Now you get the next problem.
The code as it existed ignored the collection baseURI in this case.
Each schema's base URI is it's system ID, not the collection baseURI.
No code existed to fall back to the collection's base URI.

So I added the necessary code, by making a sub-interface of URI
resolver that could cooperate with a collection to have a second-base
URI (baseball joke).

The WSCOMMONS-377 unit test displays the paradigm here.