Posted to users@camel.apache.org by SylviaLi <sl...@medplus.com> on 2009/08/14 17:39:13 UTC

Camel 2.0 - FTP directory problem

I am using FTP producer to put file on a remote FTP server by using the
following URL format:

ftp://username@hostname/temp?password=xxx  (the ftp root is /home/sli, so
the target remote direcotory would be /home/sli/temp)

The camelfile name is "ftp_test.txt".    The FTP component put the file to
the remote system, but to my surprise, instead of putting the file under the
temp directory, it created a file under the ftp root (/home/sli) as:

temp\ftp_text.txt

Can anyone shed some lights on me?

Thanks in advance,

Re: Camel 2.0 - FTP directory problem

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 12:15 AM, SylviaLi <sl...@medplus.com> wrote:

> Thank you so much for your help.  The change directory (behind the scene)
> works perfectly. -:)

Thanks for reporting back. Glad that it works out of the box.

Posted by SylviaLi <sl...@medplus.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by SylviaLi <sl...@medplus.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

You can also try the Release Candidate. More details here:
http://www.nabble.com/-VOTE--Release-Apache-Camel-2.0.0-td25033975.html

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 4:50 PM, SylviaLi<sl...@medplus.com> wrote:

> Thanks.
>
> I've been trying to download M3 release,  but the file is not available.
> Here is the download site I used (mirror sites did not work either):
>
> http://apache.cs.utah.edu/activemq/apache-camel/2.0-M3/apache-camel-2.0-M3.zip
>
> I got 404 file not found.
>
> Could you please check the site.   Thanks again,

Check the mirrors
http://www.apache.org/mirrors/

For example this one I just tried
http://apache.mirrors.adc.am/camel/apache-camel/2.0-M3/
> Shiwan
>

> willem.jiang wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think the ftp component create a wrong file name which uses the
>> windows' style file name.
>> Can you try to use the latest released apache-camel-2.0-M3? I think I
>> fixed this issue few month ago.
>>
>> Willem
>>
>> SylviaLi wrote:
>>> Thanks for you quick reply -
>>>
>>> Camel version:  apache-camel-2.0-M1 (camel-ftp-2.0-M1.jar)
>>>
>>> FTP from:  my laptop (JDK1.6, Window XP Prefessional Version 2002 SP2)
>>> FTP to:     RedHat ES release 3 Update 7 (FTP server: vsftpd-1.2.1-3E.1)
>>>
>>> Thanks,

Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Posted by SylviaLi <sl...@medplus.com>.
Thanks.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by SylviaLi <sl...@medplus.com>.
Thanks for you quick reply -

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
What OS are you using
What FTP server are you using

And what version of Camel are you precisely using?

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 5:39 PM, SylviaLi<sl...@medplus.com> wrote:

> I am using FTP producer to put file on a remote FTP server by using the
> following URL format:
>
> ftp://username@hostname/temp?password=xxx  (the ftp root is /home/sli, so
> the target remote direcotory would be /home/sli/temp)
>
> The camelfile name is "ftp_test.txt".    The FTP component put the file to
> the remote system, but to my surprise, instead of putting the file under the
> temp directory, it created a file under the ftp root (/home/sli) as:
>
> temp\ftp_text.txt
>
> Can anyone shed some lights on me?
>
> Thanks in advance,

Claus Ibsen