Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by EdwardKing <zh...@neusoft.com> on 2014/02/14 09:28:41 UTC

How view Tracking UI under hadoop-2.2.0

I use hadoop-2.2.0,
[hadoop@node1 ~]$ cd /home/software/hadoop-2.2.0/sbin/
[hadoop@node1 sbin]$ ./start-dfs.sh
[hadoop@node1 sbin]$ ./start-yarn.sh

then I use http://172.11.12.6:8088/cluster/apps can view All Applications, then I submit a job and log some information like follows:

public void map(LongWritable key, Text value,
OutputCollector<LongWritable, Text> output,
Reporter reporter) throws IOException{
   reporter.setStatus("Got 10 bad lines.") ;
   System.err.println("Read another 10 bad lines.") ;
}

When job finish,I can get following information
ID                              User      Name     Application Type  Queue       StartTime                   State    FinalStatus  Tracking UI
application_1392363537591_0001 hadoop UFOLocation     MAPREDUCE      default  Fri, 14 Feb 2014 07:49:26 GMT  FINISHED SUCCEEDED     History

I want to view the Tracking UI,so click history,then the page redirect to http://master:19888/jobhistory/job/job_1392363537591_0001/jobhistory/job/job_1392363537591_0001

but it raise following error information
Unable to connect
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at master:19888.
    *   The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
          moments.
    *   If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
          connection.
    *   If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
          that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I guess I don't start master:19888,how can I start master:19888? Which command can I use?

Thanks.

is intended only for the use of the intended recipient and may be confidential and/or privileged of
Neusoft Corporation, its subsidiaries and/or its affiliates. If any reader of this communication is
not the intended recipient, unauthorized use, forwarding, printing,  storing, disclosure or copying
immediately notify the sender by return e-mail, and delete the original message and all copies from
your system. Thank you.

Re: How view Tracking UI under hadoop-2.2.0

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

You can start the MR Job History Server with the command
"./mr-jobhistory-daemon.sh (start|stop) historyserver"

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 1:58 PM, EdwardKing <zh...@neusoft.com> wrote:
> I use hadoop-2.2.0,
> [hadoop@node1 ~]$ cd /home/software/hadoop-2.2.0/sbin/
> [hadoop@node1 sbin]$ ./start-dfs.sh
> [hadoop@node1 sbin]$ ./start-yarn.sh
>
> then I use http://172.11.12.6:8088/cluster/apps can view All Applications, then I submit a job and log some information like follows:
>
> public void map(LongWritable key, Text value,
> OutputCollector<LongWritable, Text> output,
> Reporter reporter) throws IOException{
>    reporter.setStatus("Got 10 bad lines.") ;
>    System.err.println("Read another 10 bad lines.") ;
> }
>
> When job finish,I can get following information
> ID                              User      Name     Application Type  Queue       StartTime                   State    FinalStatus  Tracking UI
> application_1392363537591_0001 hadoop UFOLocation     MAPREDUCE      default  Fri, 14 Feb 2014 07:49:26 GMT  FINISHED SUCCEEDED     History
>
> I want to view the Tracking UI,so click history,then the page redirect to http://master:19888/jobhistory/job/job_1392363537591_0001/jobhistory/job/job_1392363537591_0001
>
> but it raise following error information
> Unable to connect
> Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at master:19888.
>     *   The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
>           moments.
>     *   If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
>           connection.
>     *   If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
>           that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
>
> I guess I don't start master:19888,how can I start master:19888? Which command can I use?
>
> Thanks.

> Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying attachment(s)
> is intended only for the use of the intended recipient and may be confidential and/or privileged of
> Neusoft Corporation, its subsidiaries and/or its affiliates. If any reader of this communication is
> not the intended recipient, unauthorized use, forwarding, printing,  storing, disclosure or copying
> is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful.If you have received this communication in error,please
> immediately notify the sender by return e-mail, and delete the original message and all copies from
> your system. Thank you.

Harsh J

Re: How view Tracking UI under hadoop-2.2.0

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

You can start the MR Job History Server with the command
"./mr-jobhistory-daemon.sh (start|stop) historyserver"

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 1:58 PM, EdwardKing <zh...@neusoft.com> wrote:
> I use hadoop-2.2.0,
> [hadoop@node1 ~]$ cd /home/software/hadoop-2.2.0/sbin/
> [hadoop@node1 sbin]$ ./start-dfs.sh
> [hadoop@node1 sbin]$ ./start-yarn.sh
>
> then I use http://172.11.12.6:8088/cluster/apps can view All Applications, then I submit a job and log some information like follows:
>
> public void map(LongWritable key, Text value,
> OutputCollector<LongWritable, Text> output,
> Reporter reporter) throws IOException{
>    reporter.setStatus("Got 10 bad lines.") ;
>    System.err.println("Read another 10 bad lines.") ;
> }
>
> When job finish,I can get following information
> ID                              User      Name     Application Type  Queue       StartTime                   State    FinalStatus  Tracking UI
> application_1392363537591_0001 hadoop UFOLocation     MAPREDUCE      default  Fri, 14 Feb 2014 07:49:26 GMT  FINISHED SUCCEEDED     History
>
> I want to view the Tracking UI,so click history,then the page redirect to http://master:19888/jobhistory/job/job_1392363537591_0001/jobhistory/job/job_1392363537591_0001
>
> but it raise following error information
> Unable to connect
> Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at master:19888.
>     *   The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
>           moments.
>     *   If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
>           connection.
>     *   If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
>           that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
>
> I guess I don't start master:19888,how can I start master:19888? Which command can I use?
>
> Thanks.

> Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying attachment(s)
> is intended only for the use of the intended recipient and may be confidential and/or privileged of
> Neusoft Corporation, its subsidiaries and/or its affiliates. If any reader of this communication is
> not the intended recipient, unauthorized use, forwarding, printing,  storing, disclosure or copying
> is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful.If you have received this communication in error,please
> immediately notify the sender by return e-mail, and delete the original message and all copies from
> your system. Thank you.

Harsh J

Re: How view Tracking UI under hadoop-2.2.0

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

You can start the MR Job History Server with the command
"./mr-jobhistory-daemon.sh (start|stop) historyserver"

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 1:58 PM, EdwardKing <zh...@neusoft.com> wrote:
> I use hadoop-2.2.0,
> [hadoop@node1 ~]$ cd /home/software/hadoop-2.2.0/sbin/
> [hadoop@node1 sbin]$ ./start-dfs.sh
> [hadoop@node1 sbin]$ ./start-yarn.sh
>
> then I use http://172.11.12.6:8088/cluster/apps can view All Applications, then I submit a job and log some information like follows:
>
> public void map(LongWritable key, Text value,
> OutputCollector<LongWritable, Text> output,
> Reporter reporter) throws IOException{
>    reporter.setStatus("Got 10 bad lines.") ;
>    System.err.println("Read another 10 bad lines.") ;
> }
>
> When job finish,I can get following information
> ID                              User      Name     Application Type  Queue       StartTime                   State    FinalStatus  Tracking UI
> application_1392363537591_0001 hadoop UFOLocation     MAPREDUCE      default  Fri, 14 Feb 2014 07:49:26 GMT  FINISHED SUCCEEDED     History
>
> I want to view the Tracking UI,so click history,then the page redirect to http://master:19888/jobhistory/job/job_1392363537591_0001/jobhistory/job/job_1392363537591_0001
>
> but it raise following error information
> Unable to connect
> Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at master:19888.
>     *   The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
>           moments.
>     *   If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
>           connection.
>     *   If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
>           that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
>
> I guess I don't start master:19888,how can I start master:19888? Which command can I use?
>
> Thanks.

> Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying attachment(s)
> is intended only for the use of the intended recipient and may be confidential and/or privileged of
> Neusoft Corporation, its subsidiaries and/or its affiliates. If any reader of this communication is
> not the intended recipient, unauthorized use, forwarding, printing,  storing, disclosure or copying
> is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful.If you have received this communication in error,please
> immediately notify the sender by return e-mail, and delete the original message and all copies from
> your system. Thank you.

Harsh J

Re: How view Tracking UI under hadoop-2.2.0

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

You can start the MR Job History Server with the command
"./mr-jobhistory-daemon.sh (start|stop) historyserver"

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 1:58 PM, EdwardKing <zh...@neusoft.com> wrote:
> I use hadoop-2.2.0,
> [hadoop@node1 ~]$ cd /home/software/hadoop-2.2.0/sbin/
> [hadoop@node1 sbin]$ ./start-dfs.sh
> [hadoop@node1 sbin]$ ./start-yarn.sh
>
> then I use http://172.11.12.6:8088/cluster/apps can view All Applications, then I submit a job and log some information like follows:
>
> public void map(LongWritable key, Text value,
> OutputCollector<LongWritable, Text> output,
> Reporter reporter) throws IOException{
>    reporter.setStatus("Got 10 bad lines.") ;
>    System.err.println("Read another 10 bad lines.") ;
> }
>
> When job finish,I can get following information
> ID                              User      Name     Application Type  Queue       StartTime                   State    FinalStatus  Tracking UI
> application_1392363537591_0001 hadoop UFOLocation     MAPREDUCE      default  Fri, 14 Feb 2014 07:49:26 GMT  FINISHED SUCCEEDED     History
>
> I want to view the Tracking UI,so click history,then the page redirect to http://master:19888/jobhistory/job/job_1392363537591_0001/jobhistory/job/job_1392363537591_0001
>
> but it raise following error information
> Unable to connect
> Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at master:19888.
>     *   The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
>           moments.
>     *   If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
>           connection.
>     *   If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
>           that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
>
> I guess I don't start master:19888,how can I start master:19888? Which command can I use?
>
> Thanks.

> Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying attachment(s)
> is intended only for the use of the intended recipient and may be confidential and/or privileged of
> Neusoft Corporation, its subsidiaries and/or its affiliates. If any reader of this communication is
> not the intended recipient, unauthorized use, forwarding, printing,  storing, disclosure or copying
> is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful.If you have received this communication in error,please
> immediately notify the sender by return e-mail, and delete the original message and all copies from
> your system. Thank you.

Harsh J