Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Thirugnanam, Kalusivalingam" <Ka...@schwab.com> on 2004/10/16 00:32:31 UTC

Avoiding footnote overflows on the last page

Hi,

When we are trying to print all the foot notes for a report on the last
page, the foot notes are not appearing.

The footnotes appear only if the last page contains enough space for
displaying all the footnotes.

If the last page does not have enough space for displaying foot notes then
all the footnotes are not appearing.

Any help to make this to work is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kalu

Re: Avoiding footnote overflows on the last page

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.
On Oct 16, 2004, at 3:55 AM, J.Pietschmann wrote:
> Thirugnanam, Kalusivalingam wrote:
>> When we are trying to print all the foot notes for a report on the
>> last page, the foot notes are not appearing.
>>  The footnotes appear only if the last page contains enough space for
>> displaying all the footnotes.
>>  If the last page does not have enough space for displaying foot
>> notes then all the footnotes are not appearing.
>>  Any help to make this to work is greatly appreciated.
>
> There is no way to handle footnotes on the last page properly
> in all situations.
> If you don't mind an empty page at the end, add an empty
> block with a forced page break at the end of the flow:
>  <fo:block break-before="page">&#160;</fo:block>
>
> J.Pietschmann

You could also turn this extra page into some sort of semi-important
piece of information: This last page could include a copyright, contact
info, bibliography, photo, disclaimer, etc.

Web Maestro Clay
--
Clay Leeds - <cl...@medata.com>

Re: Avoiding footnote overflows on the last page

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.