Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Vic Cekvenich <ce...@baseBeans.com> on 2003/11/03 14:02:28 UTC

Re: Company Acknowledgements [was :Re: [HiveMind] 1.0 Beta]

So Howard,
If  WebCT is not clear or the project on Apache has to go to limbo (ie I
can't use it), would you consider moving it to sf.net ( and give WebCT
all advertising they want) so that I could use it?

I would like to use it... but I want to use my time right. Either WebCT
is happy with what was done for IBM, or you consider a move to sf.net
for now, or... it is in limbo.

.V

--
Victor Cekvenich,
Struts Instructor

Advanced Struts Training
<http://basebeans.com/do/cmsPg?content=TRAINING> Server Side Java
training with Rich UI, mentoring, designs, samples and project recovery
in North East.
Simple best practice basic Portal, a Struts CMS, Membership, Forums,
Shopping and Credit processing, <http://basicportal.com> software, ready
to develop/customize; requires a db to run.

RE: Company Acknowledgements [was :Re: [HiveMind] 1.0 Beta]

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> I've been trading drafts of the proposal and I think they are
> on the right track. I suspect we'll be going forward soon --
> possibly today.

I can't find in the archives where you've made the Jakarta PMC or the ASF
Board aware of this specific incident.  When IP ownership issues arise on a
project, as you made this project aware on October 22
(http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=commons-dev@jakarta.apa
che.org&msgId=1096118), it seems to me that either the PMC and/or the Board
ought to be directly brought into the loop.  As you said, "fortunately,
nobody's out to cause trouble", but it could easily have gone the other way
(and it isn't resolved, yet).

Robert Leland made the same comment to you on October 27th, about receiving
some guidance from the Foundation.  Corporate software grants, such as the
one with BEA for XMLBeans, are certainly do-able.  But for a PMC and the
Board to ensure proper oversight within a TLP and across the ASF,
respectively, they need to be made aware of when problems such as this one
arise.

	--- Noel

RE: Company Acknowledgements [was :Re: [HiveMind] 1.0 Beta]

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@comcast.net>.
I've been trading drafts of the proposal and I think they are on the right track. I suspect we'll be
going forward soon -- possibly today.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components