Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by C Vittal <cv...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/22 08:18:43 UTC

Regular updates of svn repository from CVS

Hello,

We moved our repository from cvs to svn and I used cvs2svn to do the port.
However, one last branch in the cvs repository cannot move to Svn due to
project schedule considerations.  Is there a way to keep this branch in sync
with the corresponding svn branch?  It isn't a vendor branch, so I can't use
svn_load_dirs.pl.  Ideally, we need all the checkin information - user and
comments from the cvs branch  to be duplicated in the svn branch.  Thanks in
advance!

-CV

Re: Regular updates of svn repository from CVS

Posted by C Vittal <cv...@gmail.com>.
On 2/22/06, Kevin Greiner <gr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/22/06, C Vittal <cv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > We moved our repository from cvs to svn and I used cvs2svn to do the
> port.
> > However, one last branch in the cvs repository cannot move to Svn due to
> > project schedule considerations.  Is there a way to keep this branch in
> sync
> > with the corresponding svn branch?
>
> Have you investigated svk?
>
> http://svk.elixus.org/?SyncReposBetweenServers seems pretty similar to
> what you need.

Thanks for the tip.  I hadn't come across this before.  However, my source
branch is in CVS and the destination branch in Svn.  I don't believe svk
syncs between CVS and Svn unfortunately.

-Cheers,

Posted by Kevin Greiner <gr...@gmail.com>.