Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Luke Shannon <ls...@jaspersoft.com> on 2011/07/01 17:27:51 UTC

Custom Schemas and Partitions

Hello;

I have a LDIF I need to get running locally.

I installed Apache Directory Studio Version: 1.5.3.v20100330.

Here are the first three entries:

dn: o=1.accDev.com
objectClass: top
objectClass: organization
objectClass: devAccount
o: 1.accDev.com

dn: ou=rqUat, o=1.accDev.com
ou: rqUat
objectClass: top
objectClass: organizationalUnit
objectClass: devAccount

dn: ou=accdev.com, ou=rqUat, o=1.accDev.com
devFailedAttemptsMax: 5
ou: accdev.com
objectClass: top
objectClass: organizationalUnit
objectClass: devAccount

I created three partitions on my server for 1.accDev.com, rqUat and accdev.com. For each I gave them the suffix listed in the info above. But when I connect to my server the partitions are not listed? Only shows schema and system.

I have a schema file that contains the devAccount definitions and related attributes. In the schema browser I was able to load these objects, but they don't seem to be available to the server I am trying to load the LDIF on?

Can anyone give me any tips?

Thanks,

Luke

Re: Custom Schemas and Partitions

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@apache.org>.
On 7/1/11 5:46 PM, Luke Shannon wrote:
> The devAccounts object is coming from a custom schema. I was able to load this using the Schema browser. However it seems my server does not have access to the objects I loaded. Do ldap servers have a context or something?

First, can you tell us exactly what is the server you use ?

Then, how did you injected the OC into the schema ?

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: Custom Schemas and Partitions

Posted by Luke Shannon <ls...@jaspersoft.com>.
The devAccounts object is coming from a custom schema. I was able to load this using the Schema browser. However it seems my server does not have access to the objects I loaded. Do ldap servers have a context or something?

Luke

> I have a LDIF I need to get running locally.
>
> I installed Apache Directory Studio Version: 1.5.3.v20100330.
>
> Here are the first three entries:
>
> dn: o=1.accDev.com
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: organization
> objectClass: devAccount
> o: 1.accDev.com
>
> dn: ou=rqUat, o=1.accDev.com
> ou: rqUat
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: organizationalUnit
> objectClass: devAccount
>
> dn: ou=accdev.com, ou=rqUat, o=1.accDev.com
> devFailedAttemptsMax: 5
> ou: accdev.com
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: organizationalUnit
> objectClass: devAccount
>
> I created three partitions on my server for 1.accDev.com, rqUat and accdev.com. For each I gave them the suffix listed in the info above. But when I connect to my server the partitions are not listed? Only shows schema and system.

In Apache DS, you can't create encapsulated partitions. It's not supported.
> I have a schema file that contains the devAccount definitions and related attributes. In the schema browser I was able to load these objects, but they don't seem to be available to the server I am trying to load the LDIF on?
>
> Can anyone give me any tips?
Where is this devAccoubt ObjectClass coming from ?

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: Custom Schemas and Partitions

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
On 1 juil. 2011, at 17:53, Luke Shannon wrote:

> I was hoping an LDAP import could create these partitions, however when I run the import it complains about not being to find the 1.accDev.com partition. Is there a way to do an import where it creates the structure it needs?

Simply create the structure in an LDIF file and import it.

> The wizard for creating a context is interesting. However when I got to the 3 step, picking the objects, I noticed the ones from the custom schema I had created when I loaded my schema file where not in there. How can I make these available?

As read your mail a second time, I'm not sure you really created 3 partitions but rather one partition with all entries under it, like this:

|- o=1.accDev.com
    |-  ou=rqUat, o=1.accDev.com
         |- ou=accdev.com, ou=rqUat, o=1.accDev.com

Am I right?

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

Posted by Luke Shannon <ls...@jaspersoft.com>.