Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2007/07/18 09:27:04 UTC

lost svn history for samples (Was: commit: r556367 [1/2])

Ooops. You should have used 'svn move'. This has now lost all
the svn history for those files.

-David

Re: lost svn history for samples (Was: commit: r556367 [1/2])

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
On 18/07/07, Gav.... <br...@brightontown.com.au> wrote:

> [...]

You can move the files (assuming whatever the errors you were getting
are sorted) and then edit it in the new location. When you commit it
will be "moved with changes" and other files will be moved.

> Anyway, I haven't closed the Issue as I thought I'd wait for your thoughts
> on the outcome, no-one else seems interested in this stuff but didn't
> want to close it until you were satisfied. I never tested on a MAC.

I think you'll find that it's more a case of only David does the level
of peer review that we should all be doing ;-)

Personally I like what you are doing and I'm opting for lazy consensus.

Ross

RE: lost svn history for samples (Was: commit: r556367 [1/2])

Posted by "Gav...." <br...@brightontown.com.au>.

Apologies for the delay in reverting MOTD stuff.

I now want to be sure that what I need to do is correct so I don't bugger it
up again.

I need to revert my copy of the entire /fresh-site/ to r556365

Then commit
Then publish site docs again
Then start again with my changes using svn move etc..

Does that sound about right

I will make time to do this over the weekend.

Gav...

Re: lost svn history for samples (Was: commit: r556367 [1/2])

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Gav...." <br...@brightontown.com.au>.
David,

Wow, much work had to be done here, goes to show how a simple mistake
can blow out.

> In future please do reverts promptly. It makes it more difficult
> to do it later.

Absolutely, I did try at the time, my svn foo not being up to scratch I
stuffed that up too.

Thanks for your hard work on this and correcting it all.

Gav...

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Gav...." <br...@brightontown.com.au>.

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.