Posted to -deprecated@jakarta.apache.org by Rob Nikander <ni...@mindspring.com> on 1999/11/25 19:31:59 UTC

UML diagrams

I was wondering if anyone was working on UML diagrams for the tomcat source.  I am just starting to dive into the source code and I wish
I had some UML diagrams or similar things to explain how the classes work together.  If no one is already working on this, I'd like to
start doing it as I go through the source.

Does anyone have any recommendations on tools to use to create the diagrams.  I'm using linux.  I'll use xfig (and possibly write my own
tools), unless there are any good (and free) UML diagramming tools out there.  I found one doing a quick internet search, but it only
supported one type of view.

Rob

Re: UML diagrams

Posted by Bradley Schatz <br...@netali.com>.
I for one would appreciate this. Maybe you might find argo http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/c2/uml/index.html useful.

bradley

Re: UML diagrams

Posted by Michal Mosiewicz <mi...@interdata.com.pl>.
Rob Nikander wrote:
> [...]
> Does anyone have any recommendations on tools to use to create the diagrams.  I'm using linux.

How about Together J? Whiteboard edition is available for free. Url I
guess is www.oi.com.

It can read the sources and present them in form of UML class diagrams.
Too bad, whiteboard edition doesn't allow for other diagram types.
Anyhow, I've found it very useful when I want to understand some new
project.

-- Mike