Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by eShard <zi...@yahoo.com> on 2014/07/08 14:00:27 UTC

I need a replacement for the QueryElevation Component

Good morning to one and all,
I'm using Solr 4.0 Final and I've been struggling mightily with the
elevation component.
It is too limited for our needs; it doesn't handle phrases very well and I
need to have more than one doc with the same keyword or phrase.
So, I need a better solution. One that allows us to tag the doc with
keywords that clearly identify it as a promoted document would be ideal.
I tried using an external file field but that only allows numbers and not
strings (please correct me if I'm wrong)
EFF would be ideal if there is a way to make it take strings.
I also need an easy way to add these tags to specific docs.
If possible, I would like to avoid creating a separate elevation core but it
may come down to that...

Thank you,

Re: I need a replacement for the QueryElevation Component

Posted by "O. Klein" <kl...@octoweb.nl>.
Actually it seems to me that the current behavior is unwanted.

For use cases of exact match (or lowercased), I can use string fieldtype or
keywords tokenizer.

When I want documents sponsored with only partial match I should be able to
use a whitespace tokenizer.

Current behavior prevents that as it concatenates the terms.

Or am I missing something?

Re: I need a replacement for the QueryElevation Component

Posted by "O. Klein" <kl...@octoweb.nl>.
You can sponsor more then 1 document per keyword.

<query text="AAA">
  <doc id="A" />
  <doc id="B" />
 </query>

And you might want to try  <str name="queryFieldType">string</str> instead
of another FieldType. I found that textFields remove whitespace and
concatenated the tokens.

Not sure if this is intended or not.