Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by "Manukyan, Sergey" <SM...@lear.com> on 2004/02/04 17:18:57 UTC

insert object, and don't specify a value for one of the fields

Folks,

The thing is I need to insert a record where for one of the fields I want to
omit value, not specify at all, not even null, nothing. So that in INSERT
operation it will not be present at all and will be populated by the default
value from database. Is there a way how I can do that?

Thank you,
-Sergey

**********************
** LEGAL DISCLAIMER **
**********************

This E-mail message and any attachments may contain
legally privileged, confidential or proprietary
information. If you are not the intended recipient(s),
or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of
this message to the intended recipient(s), you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this E-mail message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please immediately notify the sender and
delete this E-mail message from your computer.

Re: insert object, and don't specify a value for one of the fields

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Sergey,

Manukyan, Sergey wrote:

> Folks,
>
> The thing is I need to insert a record where for one of the fields I want to
> omit value, not specify at all, not even null, nothing. So that in INSERT
> operation it will not be present at all and will be populated by the default
> value from database. Is there a way how I can do that?

you can try to declare field as access="readonly".

regards,
Armin