Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "EXTERNAL Taminidi Ravi (ETI, AA-AS/PAS-PTS)" <ex...@us.bosch.com> on 2015/09/21 18:21:56 UTC

Pivot facets

Hi  Can someone suggest or any workaround for my issue with Pivot facets?

Use case: I have a collection with 5 Levels of fields, In some documents the data won't be there for Five Levels (fields) and I am not indexing the columns (No column for that doc).

In some search results the Pivot facets returns the nodes for all levels as tree (when data present in all fields) and some scenario  all levels are not getting (e.g. in case where fields not there), Is it mandatory to have all the fields in each doc to get the pivot facet always..?

Thanks

Ravi Kumar Taminidi

Bosch Automotive Aftermarket
Automotive Service Solutions

28635 Mound Road
Warren, MI 48092
USA
www.bosch.com<http://www.bosch.com/>

Tel +1 586 578-7367
External.Ravi.Taminidi@us.bosch.com<ma...@us.bosch.com>

Re: Pivot facets

Posted by Alessandro Benedetti <be...@gmail.com>.
I agree with Hoss, is this what you are expecting ?

Indexing ...

Doc 1 :
Country: England
Region: Greater London
City: London

Doc2 :
Country:England
City: Manchester

Query results

Country : England(2)
                   Region : Greater london(1)
                                     City: London(1)
                                 Missing(1)
                                     City: Manchester(1)

If this is what you want, then go with Hoss suggestion and use the missing
count !

Cheers

--

Benedetti Alessandro