Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Matthew Du Plessis <ma...@prism.co.za> on 2001/12/20 16:40:55 UTC

help - tomcat config

hi

tomcat 3.2.4
apache 1.3.22
mod_ssl
open_ssl
mandrake linux 8
mod_jk

I installed\configured the above packages on mandrake. I can run the
examples without a problem but when i try to access jsp pages in a different
context I get a Error: 500

Location: /test/jsp/testBean.jsp

Internal Servlet Error:

javax.servlet.ServletException:  Cannot create bean of class TestBean
        at .....etc

The jsp\beans are working on other win & linux servers with similar
configurations which makes me think its a config problem, but I don't seem
to be able to pinpoint it. Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong or where
I can look further would be appreciated.

regards

matthew

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com

Re: help - tomcat config

Posted by ian silvester <ia...@is2.co.uk>.
just a quick one off the top of my head - have you tried stopping tomcat,
deleting the contents of the 'work' dir and restarting? I've sometimes seen
class instantiation problems fixed this way...

ian