Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Alejandro Delgadillo <ad...@enriquebolanos.org> on 2011/07/15 17:33:36 UTC

Max Rows

Hi guys!

For the past year I¹ve been using Solr with Coldfusion as a search engine
for a Library, so far so good I¹ve managed to index different collections
using only the 5 custom fields (category, custom1 ... 5)  available, since
It has worked so good I decided to use Solr to make something like a General
Search of all the collections, what I did was that in the <cfsearch> tag
under the ³collection² attribute I separated all of the collections using a
comma,

Works like a charm, but there is one problem, the maxrows attribute is set
to 10, this means 10 results per page, but when you put several collections
in the attribute, what it does is that adds 10 results per page per
collections, so if a have 4 comma separeted collections the max rows forces
itself to 40 results per page instead of the 10 total I¹m aiming to.

My question is: Is there a way to fix this? Is there a way to make the
maxrow attribute global and prevent it to add more rows per collection?

Thanks in advance.
Alex.

Re: Max Rows

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
:
: My question is: Is there a way to fix this? Is there a way to make the
: maxrow attribute global and prevent it to add more rows per collection?

I don't know anything about the cold fusion client you are asking about,
but this sounds like it is probably a bug there.

if you can post some details about what the actual requests being made
to Solr are, perhaps someone can spot a cause for the problem -- but i
would start by asking about this in whatever user forum is available for
cold fusion.

-Hoss