Posted to announce@apache.org by Ryan Blue <bl...@apache.org> on 2016/05/23 17:22:40 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Avro release 1.8.1

I'm please to announce the release of Avro 1.8.1!

Changes are listed at:https://s.apache.org/avro181

This release can be downloaded from:https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/avro/

Java artifacts are available from Maven Central, Ruby artifacts are at RubyGems,
and Python is at PyPI.

Thanks to everyone for contributing!

--

Ryan Blue

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Avro release 1.8.1

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations on your release!

I recommend that you include a short description of what Apache Avro
is or does as the first paragraph of your release announcements.  Your
release announcement is an opportunity to market your project to
others who have never heard of Avro and may not even know what Avro is
or does.

Also, Avro should always be referred to as "Apache Avro" in official
announcements.

Note: I am not subscribed to "dev@avro.apache.org" and no response
is necessary.