Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jon Evans <jo...@misgl.com> on 2003/12/02 17:14:29 UTC

Portal Engine docs / examples, where are they? :-)

Hi,

I've started looking into re-factoring the portal I'm developing into
the new portal engine, and I was wondering if anyone could point me to
a more featureful example than the one in the cocoon CVS.

The sort of things I need to do aren't very complicated (I don't
think), but examples would help!  They are:

1) no requirement to log in first, or alternatively log in
automatically as "guest"
2) An example coplet that knows when it is being rendered full screen
so it can include a more detailed view.

While I'm working on my portal I'm hoping to submit some patches for
the portal examples CVS.  If you search for "portal" on the wiki you
don't really get anything useful, and the main cocoon portal engine
docs aren't complete.  From a scan of the code, the engine seems way
more powerful than you would think from looking at the example in CVS!

Cheers,

Jon