Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by edwardk <ek...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/18 08:23:45 UTC

Setup Web agent and Web console on locally

Hi,

I want to be able to monitor and manage my local cluster.

But, I have some difficulty in setting up Ignite Web console locally.

I do have nodejs and mongodb installed in my local machine.

As per the instructions provided in ,
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/local-deployment
For backend:
cd $IGNITE_HOME/modules/web-console/backend
npm install --no-optional

For frontend:
cd $IGNITE_HOME/modules/web-console/frontend
npm install --no-optional

I do not have a modules folder in my ignite installation directory.

So , do not know how I can have the backend and frontend dependencies to be
installed.

Also, I already have the ignite-web-agent-1.7.2 downloaded in my machine
from the url , htps://console.gridgain.com

I do not know if I still need to build and generate the binaries for the web
agent, since I have already downloaded the agent.

I understand the webagent communicates with webconsole as well as the nodes
in the cluster.

Can you help me on how I can have the web-console setup so that I can
communicate to it with the web-agent I have downloaded.

I feel the docs are not clear on the procedure.

Thanks,
edwardk

Re: Setup Web agent and Web console on locally

Posted by Alexey Kuznetsov <ak...@apache.org>.
Hi, edwardk!

I would recommend to deploy web console locally from master branch (there
were some bugs in ignite-1.6 and ignite-1.7).
I hope in upcoming ignite-1.8  all will work out of the box.

So, first step is to checkout master branch. Did you do this step?
After that you should treat $IGNITE_HOME - as a root folder where you
checkout sources.

Also, please mind that not all functionality that available on
https://console.gridgain.com present in Apache Ignite.
Monitoring is available only with GridGain hosted Web Console.

May be it will be easier for you to use Docker Image with Web Console?
https://hub.docker.com/r/apacheignite/web-console-standalone/

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 3:23 PM, edwardk <ek...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to be able to monitor and manage my local cluster.
>
> But, I have some difficulty in setting up Ignite Web console locally.
>
> I do have nodejs and mongodb installed in my local machine.
>
> As per the instructions provided in ,
> https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/local-deployment
> For backend:
> cd $IGNITE_HOME/modules/web-console/backend
> npm install --no-optional
>
> For frontend:
> cd $IGNITE_HOME/modules/web-console/frontend
> npm install --no-optional
>
> I do not have a modules folder in my ignite installation directory.
>
> So , do not know how I can have the backend and frontend dependencies to be
> installed.
>
> Also, I already have the ignite-web-agent-1.7.2 downloaded in my machine
> from the url , htps://console.gridgain.com
>
> I do not know if I still need to build and generate the binaries for the
> web
> agent, since I have already downloaded the agent.
>
> I understand the webagent communicates with webconsole as well as the nodes
> in the cluster.
>
> Can you help me on how I can have the web-console setup so that I can
> communicate to it with the web-agent I have downloaded.
>
> I feel the docs are not clear on the procedure.
>
> Thanks,
> edwardk

Alexey Kuznetsov