Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de> on 2005/10/20 06:17:09 UTC

Re: Dynamic Selection List in a Repeater

(CCing Daniel as the original thread started 4 months ago.)

On 22.06.2005 05:26, Daniel Curran wrote:

> I have a dynamic selection list that queries a database for its values.
> I now put the selection list into a repeater and I am having issues with
> load (imagine that). Is there a way to cache the values of the selection
> list so that it is not being called for each row of the repeater?

Unfortunately I don't remember what is currently implemented. Antonio?
In theory there should something have been implemented, which then
should be available in current code base.

Jörg

Re: Dynamic Selection List in a Repeater

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> (CCing Daniel as the original thread started 4 months ago.)
>
> On 22.06.2005 05:26, Daniel Curran wrote:
>
>> I have a dynamic selection list that queries a database for its
>> values. I now put the selection list into a repeater and I am having
>> issues with load (imagine that). Is there a way to cache the values
>> of the selection list so that it is not being called for each row of
>> the repeater?

> Unfortunately I don't remember what is currently implemented. Antonio?
> In theory there should something have been implemented, which then
> should be available in current code base.

The code is already developed. It is in the current 2.1.8-dev branch,
here is the summary:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=111784389431700

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.