Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Ali, Saqib" <do...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/31 21:12:50 UTC

secure deployment of solr.war on jboss

Hello all,

We are using Apache Solr 4.2 in our application to provide search
capabilities. We are deploying the solr.war file to jboss along with our
application.

Any suggestions on proper security controls for this type of solr setup?

Also solr is now accessible to everyone from the
http://jboss_host/solrURL. How can we prevent /solr/ being accessible
by all IP addresses? We
would like to restrict to certain IP addresses namely the jboss_host and
couple of other management API hosts.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Saqib

Re: secure deployment of solr.war on jboss

Posted by "Ali, Saqib" <do...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. Are you using IP tables firewall on the jboss to prevent access
from other systems? Or are you using some jboss configuration for that?

Thanks,
Saqib

Posted by adityab <ad...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Ali,