Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Byington, Allen" <ab...@qwest.com> on 2003/03/25 15:43:26 UTC

HPUX and tomcat help!

I'm having a problem keeping tomcat running on my hpux11 systems.  The
server just stops responding and no log entries are made.  To get things
going again, I have to do a kill on the tomcat process and start it back up.
The configration of the server looks like this:
HP-UX 11/64 bit
java 1.4
tomcat 4.1.18 (standalone)
apache 2.0.43

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Allen

Re: HPUX and tomcat help!

Posted by xyber <xy...@bp.geoview.hu>.
we have the same problem in the past , and the solution: just switch
back to java1.3 and the problem is gone

xyb

Re: HPUX and tomcat help!

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
Can you use a 1.3 JVM with all the latest OS patches? I'd be surprised
if a 1.4 JVM was production worthy for HPUX. (YMMV)

OS patches are the most important part. Also make sure enableHost
lookups are off.

And when tomcat freezes - perform a thread dump to look for anything
potentially insightful. (Usually its just a mess of data but sometimes a
nugget of gold there)

-Tim