Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by "sonal.singhai" <so...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/01 18:56:19 UTC

Multi modules swf files with flexmojos 6.x

Hi, I am trying to port my maven configuration from FlexMojos 3.09 to
FlexMojos 6.0.1 (and Flex SDK from 4.6 to 4.13)
In my project I have multiple modules, which are configured as below, but
those are never compiled.
I found a  JIRA issue <https://flexmojos.atlassian.net/browse/FLEXMOJOS-696>
for this, but it was closed with no further information.
How can I do this in Flexmojos 6.x?

Also, the RSLs in following configuration is wrong for Apache Flex SDKs. Do
we now need to keep them, or can we remove them from here?

<plugin>
	<groupId>net.flexmojos.oss</groupId>
	<artifactId>flexmojos-maven-plugin</artifactId>
	<version>6.0.1</version>
	<extensions>true</extensions>
	<configuration>
		<sourceFile>Main.mxml</sourceFile>
		<output>target\Main.swf</output>
		<debug>true</debug>
		<localesRuntime>
			<locale>en_US</locale>
		</localesRuntime>
		<compilerWarnings>
			<warn-no-constructor>false</warn-no-constructor>
		</compilerWarnings>
		<themes>
			<theme>${basedir}\target\theme\spark.swc</theme>
		</themes>
		<swfVersion>26</swfVersion>
		<targetPlayer>15.0</targetPlayer>
		<moduleFiles>
			<module>modules\Module1.mxml</module>
			<module>modules\Module2.mxml</module>
		</moduleFiles>

		<rslUrls>

<rsl>http://fpdownload.adobe.com/pub/swz/flex/4.6.0.23201/framework_4.6.0.23201.swz</rsl>

<rsl>http://fpdownload.adobe.com/pub/swz/tlf/2.0.0.232/textLayout_2.0.0.232.swz</rsl>

<rsl>http://fpdownload.adobe.com/pub/swz/flex/4.6.0.23201/spark_4.6.0.23201.swz</rsl>

<rsl>http://fpdownload.adobe.com/pub/swz/flex/4.6.0.23201/sparkskins_4.6.0.23201.swz</rsl>

<rsl>http://fpdownload.adobe.com/pub/swz/flex/4.6.0.23201/rpc_4.6.0.23201.swz</rsl>
		</rslUrls>

		<policyFileUrls>
			<url>http://fpdownload.adobe.com/pub/swz/crossdomain.xml</url>
			<url>http://fpdownload.adobe.com/pub/swz/crossdomain.xml</url>
			<url>http://fpdownload.adobe.com/pub/swz/crossdomain.xml</url>
			<url>http://fpdownload.adobe.com/pub/swz/crossdomain.xml</url>
			<url>http://fpdownload.adobe.com/pub/swz/crossdomain.xml</url>
		</policyFileUrls>
	</configuration>
	<dependencies>

		<dependency>
			<groupId>net.flexmojos.oss</groupId>
			<artifactId>flexmojos-threadlocaltoolkit-wrapper</artifactId>
			<version>6.0.1</version>
		</dependency>

		<dependency>
			<groupId>org.apache.flex</groupId>
			<artifactId>compiler</artifactId>
			<version>4.13.0.20140701</version>
			<type>pom</type>
		</dependency>
	</dependencies>
</plugin>

-----
Regards,
Sonal Singhai,
Flex Consultant

AW: Multi modules swf files with flexmojos 6.x

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Sonal,

Well the Issue you were talking about was simply closed by Velo with him claiming to not wanting to implement this feature, but that shouldn't affect you as the essence of this issue was to allow Patterns in the module definition. As you don't need patterns, you should be ready to go straight ahead.

The syntax for a lot of things has changed though from 3.x to 6.x and 7.x

You want to change from Flex 4.6 to 4.13 so from Adobe to Apache Flex. Here I would recommend using the Flexmojos 7.0.1 version as this is able to work with Apache Flex groupIds (Funny thing is that Flex 7.1.0 should - when finished - support both again). Second thing is that Apache Flex is not available for public in any Maven repositories. So you have to use a Tool to convert a Flex SDK you downloaded into a mavenized form (Mavenizer: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Apache+Flex+SDK+Mavenizer) Unfortunately I refactored that Quite a bit and the documentation is currently a little out of date. Hopefully I'll be able to fix that over the weekend. last thing is that you seem to be using signed rsls (flexmojos scope="cache") there are no swzs from Apache so you have to change the scope of all of these dependencies to "rsl".

Regarding the modules, I just had a look at the Flexmjos testsuite and it seems your settings should be valid.
If flexmojos should complain here, you could give this a try:

<modules>
    <module>modules\Module1.mxml</module>
    <module>modules\Module2.mxml</module>
</modules>