Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Gregory Steuck <gr...@nest.cx> on 2002/04/10 04:33:52 UTC

build problem or ant bug?

Hello,

I attempted to build an excalibur mega-jar from -current CVS and got
somewhat strange results.

1) build.xml should go into threadcontext instead of lang.
   I think that was Peter's intention. Patch is attached.
2) excalibur-all-tmp.jar is left behind due to a typo (patch includes
   a fix)
3) excalibur-all.jar (and it's -tmp sibling) are cut off after:
   org/apache/avalon/excalibur/instrument/ValueInstrument.class
   README.txt

   ant -verbose shows that all jars are considered by jlink task,
   but somehow those following excalibur-instrument-0.1.jar are
   not included into the mega-jar.

Somebody else sees this?

Thanks
Greg

Re: build problem or ant bug?

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@socialchange.net.au>.
On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 07:33:52PM -0700, Gregory Steuck wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I attempted to build an excalibur mega-jar from -current CVS and got
> somewhat strange results.

Yes, with all the recent changes, mega-jar hasn't been kept up to date..

> 1) build.xml should go into threadcontext instead of lang.
>    I think that was Peter's intention. Patch is attached.
> 2) excalibur-all-tmp.jar is left behind due to a typo (patch includes
>    a fix)

Patch applied. Thanks

> 3) excalibur-all.jar (and it's -tmp sibling) are cut off after:
>    org/apache/avalon/excalibur/instrument/ValueInstrument.class
>    README.txt

? 'cut off after'? Do you mean, corrupt, when you type 'jar tvf <jar>'?
If so, that may be. The -tmp.jar hack is to avoid a bug in jlink which
corrupts the jars. If the hack was broken (fixed in above patch), then
that would explain it.

>    ant -verbose shows that all jars are considered by jlink task,
>    but somehow those following excalibur-instrument-0.1.jar are
>    not included into the mega-jar.

Hmm yes. I'll look into it.

thanks,

--Jeff