Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Reedick, Andrew" <An...@BellSouth.com> on 2006/07/24 19:36:51 UTC

Sanity check: rev number for subsequent merges.

One of my users is getting strange merge results, so it's dumb question
time:

First merge:  merge -r 100-150 source_url

Now, if the source_url was next modified in revision 160 (there were no
151-159 changes affecting the source_url) is the subsequent merge:
	svn merge -r 151:HEAD source_url, or
	svn merge -r 160:HEAD source_url?

*****

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers. 162

Re: Sanity check: rev number for subsequent merges.

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Jul 24, 2006, at 21:36, Reedick, Andrew wrote:

> One of my users is getting strange merge results, so it's dumb
> question
> time:
>
> First merge:  merge -r 100-150 source_url
>
> Now, if the source_url was next modified in revision 160 (there
> were no
> 151-159 changes affecting the source_url) is the subsequent merge:
> 	svn merge -r 151:HEAD source_url, or
> 	svn merge -r 160:HEAD source_url?

If the next change after 150 was made in 160, then either

svn merge -r 151:HEAD source_url

or

svn merge -r 159:HEAD source_url

would be fine.