Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Daniele Development-ML <da...@googlemail.com> on 2009/07/06 13:57:46 UTC

Reiterate action invocation in Download Action class

Hello everybody,
I have a Strut servlet that retrieve some data from a local database and
return the data to the invoking browser.
The problem I have is that the action is invoked four times and - I find the
in the db four downloading logs rather just one (the action logs also the
activities).

After some debugging, I have seen that there is no much suspicious
activities within my app - the stack trace reports four identical invocation
in with my class is called once, at the top of the trace.

I have tried to disable block of statements, and I have noticed that this
phenomenon occurs when I am effectively returning the data. That is, if the
return statement is "return null;" , the action is executed only once, else
if I return the data, the invocation occurs four times.

I have followed word-by-word the example here :
http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsFileDownload#head-5f381aad527ae37711f4780b03f1b2a68f72c2bc
and
I have no clue on what the triggering cause could be, at this point.

Any suggestion or similar experience about that?

Many thanks,

Dan