Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Knümann <mk...@business-code.de> on 2010/10/15 17:45:57 UTC

What is the lifecycle of the apache tribes channel?

  Hi,

I'm using apache tribes for messaging between nodes within a cluster. My
implementation bases on the quickstart example that is part of the
related documentation.
At the moment there is Context Listener that starts the communication
like this:

   myChannel = new GroupChannel();

     this.msgListener = msgListener;
     this.mbrListener = mbrListener;

     //attach the listeners to the channel
     myChannel.addMembershipListener(mbrListener);
     myChannel.addChannelListener(msgListener);

     //start the channel
     myChannel.start(Channel.DEFAULT);

This is a singleton instance and is used for sending messages the whole
lifecycle of my webapplication.
I don't like this singleton and I'm wondering if it is possible to start
the channel everytime I need to send a message?

with kind regards
     Michael

Re: What is the lifecycle of the apache tribes channel?

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 15/10/2010 16:45, Michael Knümann wrote:
>  Hi,
>
> I'm using apache tribes for messaging between nodes within a cluster. My
> implementation bases on the quickstart example that is part of the
> related documentation.
> At the moment there is Context Listener that starts the communication
> like this:

Please start an entirely new message, rather than editing a reply to an
existing email - which leaves the thread mail headers intact & is
referred to as 'thread hijacking'.