Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Christophe Andreoli <an...@gsf.de> on 2002/07/26 11:41:57 UTC

problem with bean tag: RequestUtils.lookup exception

Hi !

I am getting the following exception :

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException
        at
org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.lookup(RequestUtils.java:493)
        at
org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.WriteTag.doStartTag(WriteTag.java:179)
        at
org.apache.jsp.proteinList$jsp._jspService(proteinList$jsp.java:290)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:107)

My jsp file is the following. I want to iterate over a colletion named
proteinsCollection
in my beanform.

<l:iterate id="prot" name="startForm" property="proteinsCollection">

<bean:write name="prot" property="orf"/>
</l:iterate>

The bean form start form looks like:
private	Map	proteins		= new HashMap();

	public Map getProteins() {
		return proteins;
	}

	public void setProteins(Map proteins) {
		this.proteins	= proteins;

	}

	public Collection getProteinsCollection() {
		return proteins.values();
	}

The proteincollection contains proteins objects with a Orf property and
the associated get Methode.

I filled in my action class the startform with proteinscollections.

AND why it doesn't work ????

A idea ?

   Thanks christoph