Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by "Hasnain A. Mandviwala" <ma...@cc.gatech.edu> on 2001/11/20 12:08:10 UTC

Adding NameSpace Attribute to top Document element

Hi,
	I've been trying to add a NameSpace attribute to a Document but
for some reason it's not working. Here is what I'm doing:

I have a template document like the following:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<results
    xsi:schemaLocation="query_results
                        query_results.xsd">
</results>

For example, now I want to add a namespace to the above document to make
it look like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<results
    xmlns:myrental="http://xmlape.cc.gatech.edu/myrental"
    xsi:schemaLocation="query3_results
                        query3_results.xsd">
</results>

I'm not sure if what I'm doing is right but here goes:

// get the DOM tree built first
Document resultDoc = (Document) Utils.parseXMLDocument(RESULT_TEMPL);
// get the Root Document Element
Element resultDocElement = resultDoc.getDocumentElement();
try {
   resultDocElement.setAttribute("xmlns:myrental",
                                 "http://xmlape.cc.gatech.edu/myrental");
}
catch(Exception e) {
   e.printStackTrace();
}

	However, this is not giving me any results. The Document looks
just the same, as the original template document. Some tips, pointers
would be great! Thanks.

-Hasnain