Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by "Michael Xu (xudong)" <do...@wizitsoft.com> on 2009/12/14 15:40:08 UTC

two features request

hi all,

In ofbiz, we can build UI components on top of other components and all
components can be defined in metadata. So I am wondering whether it
is achievable/necessary to implement a debug mode to allow user to see the
component stack in a popup window by moving mouse around web pages. User
even can open the related files if he clicks any entry in the component
stack.

Another feature request is for internationalization. Is it
achievable/necessary to allow user to translate or modify labels directly in
the UI? My rough idea is that user can turn on some specific mode and then
in such mode all labels and tips are editable. The beauty here is that this
feature can grant the power to business person to do the translation in an
incremental mode.

Michael Xu (xudong)
www.wizitsoft.com | Office: (8610) 6267 0615 ext 806 | Mobile: (86) 135 0135
9807 | Fax: (8610) 62670096

Re: two features request

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
If you think action will follow then yes. You may also use
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBADMIN/New+Features+Roadmap+-+Living+Document

Jacques

From: "Michael Xu (xudong)" <do...@wizitsoft.com>

Re: two features request

Posted by "Michael Xu (xudong)" <do...@wizitsoft.com>.

Re: two features request

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
IMO they are great ideas.

Re: two features request

Posted by "Michael Xu (xudong)" <do...@wizitsoft.com>.
hi Jacques,

For the first point, the target user could be supporters who might have no
enough ofbiz knowledge but has to do some minor enhancement. Maybe this
feature is also helpful for UI designers.

Michael Xu (xudong)
www.wizitsoft.com | Office: (8610) 6267 0615 ext 806 | Mobile: (86) 135 0135
9807 | Fax: (8610) 62670096

Re: two features request