Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Gomathivinayagam Muthuvinayagam <sa...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/28 04:03:10 UTC

Kafka commit offset

I am trying to commit offset request in a background thread. I am able to
commit  it so far. I am using high level consumer api.

So if I just use high level consumer api, and if I have disabled auto
commit, with kafka as the storage for offsets, will the high level consumer
api use automatically the offsets from kafka storage.

If high level consumer api does not use the offsets automatically from
kafka storage, how do I enforce that? Is that possible?

The above things are not clear from kafka documentation.

Thanks & Regards,

Re: Kafka commit offset

Posted by Jiangjie Qin <jq...@linkedin.com.INVALID>.
Yes, if you set the offset storage to Kafka, high level consumer will be
using Kafka for all offset related operations.

Jiangjie (Becket) Qin