Posted to dev@devicemap.apache.org by "eberhard speer jr." <se...@ducis.net> on 2014/07/07 22:25:19 UTC

DeviceMap .Net Versions

Re: DeviceMap .Net Versions

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
Ideally we should try to match the tag with the version in the POM. So if
the POM says "1.0" as it does now, so should the tag. If you prefer an
extra "0" right awaw, not for subsequent versions, could we add it to the
final POM version, too?

Not sure about extra artifactId for e.g. the "data" repo like
"devicemap-data"?
The current artifactId for "classifier" as "devicemap-java" is a bit
misleading, after all the "devicemap-parent" is actually on top of the
"java" sub-tree.
If the .NET clients use something completely different than Maven then
maybe the term "parent" could be kept there, the descriptive title is
nevertheless "Java Parent".

P.s.: What about the "test-data"? So far only "device-data" (with
artifactId "devicemap-data") is a 1.0 candidate. Do we no longer need those
test-data?
If not needed, then following a tag (I tagged them at least with all the
ODDR sync-ups) it could be purged, otherwise it should also be versioned
like the other repos.

Werner

Re: DeviceMap .Net Versions

Posted by Reza Yahoo <re...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Re: DeviceMap .Net Versions

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
Thanks,

About the documentation and examples here: http://www.rezsoft.org/devicemap/
Where is the exact baseline for 1.0? I did an SVN update just moments ago
and noticed some more incoming changes.

Is the current state considered "1.0 RC1" or 2 or final? As mentioned, at
some point we must tag the artifacts now labelled 1.0, they can't become a
moving target (for that a matching new snapshot like "1.0.1-SNAPSHOT" or
"1.1-SNAPSHOT" seems suitable[?]

Werner

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 10:25 PM, eberhard speer jr. <se...@ducis.net>