Posted to alexandria-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Stefán F. Stefánsson" <st...@snote.decode.is> on 2001/07/31 17:19:35 UTC

chmod fails

Hello.

I've been struggling with Alexandria setup for the past week or so now
and I've made some progress.  However... the chmod task is always
failing on me and I get error messages that some of the log and blame
files cannot be created.  I can get around the first error (which is the
log file error) by creating an empty
ALEX_HOME/logs/path_to_my_app/appname.TAGNAME.build.log.xml (by using
touch).  Then I run into problems with the
ALEX_HOME/var/path_to_my_app/appname.TAGNAME.blame.xml file.  It seems
as though it is not enough to touch this file before running the
alexandria script and besides, even though it were I would not be happy
with having to do that every time I add a project to alexandria!

I'm sending a verbose logfile from alexandrias output with this letter
so you can see a detailed description of the problem.  Look especially
at the following lines:
	1930 - [chmod] Result: -1
	1955 - [java] Cannot write on the specified log file. Make sure
the path exists and you have write permissions.
	1960 - XSL Error: Could not parse
file:/usr/jakarta/alexandria/logs/app/ips.HEAD.build.log.xml document!

Hope someone can help me... I'm in a hurry (aren't we all...), I need
this thing up and running ASAP.

Kind regards,
	Stefan Freyr

p.s. Who's bright idea is it to deny all mails larger than 100Kb???  I
couldn't even fit the short version of the log in a file < 100Kb.  Now I
have to put my file on a public webserver somewhere and point to it from
this letter :(

You can find the log at:

Stefan Freyr Stefansson
Software Developer