Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Alan Egerton <eg...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/25 09:26:38 UTC

Expansion of Entity nodes where document does not contain references

Dear all,

Following on from [a question][1] I posted on StackOverflow, I note
that after parsing an XML document any nodes returned by
DocumentType.getEntities() have children only if the entity has been
referenced.

Grateful if someone could help me understand why this is and, if at
all possible, how I can workaround it in order to lookup the
replacement text of entities which have _not_ been referenced.

Kind regards,
-- Alan

  [1]: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6115972/obtain-xml-entity-replacement-text-from-dom-in-xerces

Re: Expansion of Entity nodes where document does not contain references

Posted by Alan Egerton <eg...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michael,

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 1:11 PM, Michael Glavassevich
<mr...@ca.ibm.com> wrote:
> This is an old topic. Here is a response from 2004 [1] on the same subject.
> It still applies now.
>
> Thanks.
>
> [1] http://markmail.org/message/oq3g26f3t2rbafdv

Thanks for pointing me towards that - very helpful; sorry that I
hadn't found it before posting!

I have quoted Andy's reply in answer[1] to my question on
StackOverflow.  Many thanks again.

Kind regards,
-- Alan

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6115972/obtain-xml-entity-replacement-text-from-dom-in-xerces/6134684#6134684

Re: Expansion of Entity nodes where document does not contain references

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Alan,

This is an old topic. Here is a response from 2004 [1] on the same subject.
It still applies now.

Thanks.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/oq3g26f3t2rbafdv

Michael Glavassevich