Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Apache Pulsar Slack <ap...@gmail.com> on 2020/09/10 09:11:03 UTC

Slack digest for #dev - 2020-09-10

2020-09-09 11:26:41 UTC - Gabriel Volpe: @Gabriel Volpe has joined the channel
----
2020-09-09 11:28:30 UTC - Gabriel Volpe: Is this the appropriate channel to ask questions about the protocol? I'll go ahead and ask here but feel free to point me to the right channel if this is not the one.
----
2020-09-09 11:32:02 UTC - Gabriel Volpe: This page <http://pulsar.apache.org/docs/en/develop-binary-protocol/#payload-commands> mentions the `magicNumber` and `checksum` fields and I found this in one of the GO clients, mentioning both fields are optional. Is this accurate? If so, this should be mentioned in the docs no?

<https://github.com/Comcast/pulsar-client-go/blob/master/frame/frame.go#L61>
----
2020-09-09 11:42:31 UTC - Jarrod Johnson: Hi @Vladimir Shchur I will do that. Thanks!
----