Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Steve Hathaway <sh...@e-z.net> on 2012/07/10 05:09:53 UTC

Xalan-C Build Platform Summary

XALAN-C Binary Library Builds -- Preparation for product release

Xerces-C  XML Parser
   Platform:  FreeBSD-9   [OK]
   Platform:  PcBSD-9     [UNKNOWN]
   Platform:  Linux       [OK]
   Platform:  Windows     [OK]
   Platform:  Solaris-11  [UNKNOWN]

Xalan-C  XSLT Transformser
   Platform:  FreeBSD-9   [FAIL] requires GNU make // not BSD make
   Platform:  PcBSD-9     [UNKNOWN] should work // has GNU gmake
   Platform:  Linux       [OK]
   Platform:  Windows     [OK]
   Platform:  Solaris-11  [UNKNOWN]

Note on FreeBSD

   It may be worth the effort to convert the current build
   environment to GNU libtool infrastructure.  This would better
   handle the various build differences.  A similar conversion has
   already been accomplished with Xerces-C Version 3.0 and newer.

Solaris-11 and Studio-12

   I now have a virtual machine on x86_64 architecture with
   Solaris-11.  I am getting ready to install Studio-12 and see
   how well the Xerces-C and Xalan-C builds perform.

Mac OS X // IBM AIX // HPUX  // IBM OS-390

   I do not have platforms to service or prototype these builds.

   Persons with experience building Xerces-C and Xalan-C software
   on these platforms -- your comments are appreciated.

   We could use any help with building Xerces-C and Xalan-C libraries
   on these platforms.

Sincerely,
Steven J. Hathaway
Xalan Documentation Project