Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Dan Polivy <da...@cellartracker.com> on 2015/04/03 22:44:18 UTC

Latest --browserify status?

Hi folks,

Is there a single issue or location for tracking the latest status on the -browserify functionality in cordova? I've got cordova 4.3.0 installed and have been playing with this a bit, as it's a feature I'd very much like to use for our app! But, I have a few questions on how it's working, and couldn't find any official documentation on the current status and what should work/what doesn't. I'm not intimately familiar with the cordova code, but I'm happy to contribute back anything I can do to help make this work better.

Here's what I'm currently running into:

1)      When I run 'cordova prepare -browserify', all I see is the original plugin JS files (in /plugins/<name>/www/) end up with the following appended to them (note, each time you prepare, it continues to append another iteration):

window.navigator = window.navigator || {};
window.navigator.camera = window.navigator.camera || {};

require('cordova/builder').assignOrWrapInDeprecateGetter(window.navigator, 'camera', module.exports);

It's usually duplicated in there 2-3 additional times after each run of prepare. Is that expected?

2)      cordova.define() doesn't seem to be defined in the browserify model. Is this a legacy plugin definition approach? I couldn't find any documentation about it, but I don't see it being used in any of the current Apache plugins. I'm running into it with the barcodescanner plugin (https://github.com/wildabeast/BarcodeScanner/blob/master/www/barcodescanner.js#L132); commenting it out seems to work fine. Does this need to be translated in the browserify code?

3)      Minor: the plugin www directories still exist in the output www folder, even though the JS isn't in there (since it is bundled into cordova.js).

I'm not on the mailing list, so please include me directly in any replies.

Thanks,
Dan

Re: Latest --browserify status?

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Vladimir for giving this a go.

mobilespec with --browserify was working for me last time I tried but I
will have to try it again. I'm assuming you are using the latest versions
of things.

Appreciate the tips for the windows environment. I need to test this on
Windows and make some of the changes you suggested.

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.
Hey Dan,