Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Bob Morris <ra...@cs.umb.edu> on 2004/11/13 04:32:34 UTC

empty namespaces

This seems to be a perennial question, and yet I can't see an answer to
it in the form I'm suffering with.

The dynamic wsdl generated by axis often (always?) has an empty default
namespace in the root: <wsdl:definitions  ......  xmlns="" .... > This
is true even of the axis default services such as the wsdl generated by
the  axis Version service.

It has been reported to me that PHP applications using PEAR choke on
this, and certainly do some WSDL validators, such as
http://soapclient.com/soaptest.html.

So my questions are

1. Is there some deployment pattern that prevents this generation?

2. Is there advice to offer PHP/PEAR programmers (preferably with
pointer to examples) to work around it?

3. In fact, the wsdl generated by axis seems to have every element fully
qualified, so why is it necessary or approprate to generate an empty
default namespace?

Thanks

Bob