Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Matt England <me...@mengland.net> on 2006/04/06 03:16:56 UTC

svndumpfilter: Invalid copy source path; fix? workaround?

As per:

http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2005-08/0752.shtml

Is there any workaround for the "svndumpfilter: Invalid copy source path"
path problem?  I wanted to create a new repo based upon the history of an
old one, but now I see no way to do this because of the above
problem.  (There's a massive amount of stuff that needs to be removed from
the original repo in order to best create the new one.)

I guess I'll just have to live without repo history in the new repo if
there's no workaround for this.

-Matt

Re: svndumpfilter: Invalid copy source path; fix? workaround?

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 4/5/06, Matt England <me...@mengland.net> wrote:
> As per:
>
> http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2005-08/0752.shtml
>
> Is there any workaround for the "svndumpfilter: Invalid copy source path"
> path problem?  I wanted to create a new repo based upon the history of an
> old one, but now I see no way to do this because of the above
> problem.  (There's a massive amount of stuff that needs to be removed from
> the original repo in order to best create the new one.)

No, there is not.  Fixing that problem requires substantial changes to
the way svndumpfilter works.

-garrett