Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Rajesh Saha <ra...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/11 07:46:22 UTC

Re: svnadmin create repo/path - Error

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.
1.5.6 has a known security hole, consider upgrading.

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 02:59, Rajesh Saha <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> No, it does. I have run this command on linux (RHEL4) on local path. It
> creates.
>
> However, in this case, even if I mention the full path then also, it is
> giving this error. Btw, the path is nfs mounted.

When you put a repository on an NFS mount, it must be configured
properly for file locking. See
http://subversion.apache.org/faq.html#nfs

Posted by Nico Kadel-Garcia <nk...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 2:59 AM, Rajesh Saha <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> No, it does. I have run this command on linux (RHEL4) on local path. It
> creates.
>
> However, in this case, even if I mention the full path then also, it is
> giving this error. Btw, the path is nfs mounted.
> Regards,
> Rajesh

Get *off* of RHEL 4. Seriously, it's no longer feasible to maintain
the current Subversion with that OS. Jump up to RHEL 6, which has
subversion-1.6.13, or at least update to RHEL 5 and use
Subversion-1.6.16 from the RPMforge repository. The Subversion-1.4.2
that comes with RHEL 4 is dangerously out of date and should not be
used in any production environment.

Re: svnadmin create repo/path - Error

Posted by Rajesh Saha <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi