Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2013/11/03 22:35:16 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Commons Pool 2.0 RC3 as 2.0

A number of minor issues were noted in RC2 that have been fixed in this
RC3. They include:
- Use https links to Jira
- Correct versions on download page
- Fix final Findbugs warning
- Better code coverage of unit tests
- Make JRE requirement explicit
- Add a missing AL2 header
- Add some missing Javadoc
- Add missing versions from changes page
- Drop outdated documentation
- Document requirements for Ant build

The Pool 2.0 RC3 is available for review here:
  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/pool/ (r3412)

 Maven artifacts are here:
  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-059/

Details of changes since 1.6 are in the release notes and changelog:
  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/pool/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

http://people.apache.org/~markt/dev/commons-pool-2.0-RC3/changes-report.html

 The tag is here:
  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/pool/tags/POOL_2_0_RC3/
  (r 1538451)

 Site:
  http://people.apache.org/~markt/dev/commons-pool-2.0-RC3
  (Broken links to Javadoc versions expected)

 KEYS:
  http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS

  Please review the release candidate and vote.
  This vote will close no sooner that 72 hours from now

  [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
  [ ] +0 OK, but...
  [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
  [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...

Cheers,

Mark

[CANCELLED][VOTE] Release Apache Commons Pool 2.0 RC3 as 2.0

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Cancel the right thread this time.

Mark

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Commons Pool 2.0 RC3 as 2.0

Posted by Jörg Schaible <Jo...@scalaris.com>.

Posted by Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net>.
Hello,

I dont think it is a critical thing for OSGi for two reasons:

a) typically dependencies are no longer on the bundle name but on packages
b) there is no need to change the coordinates at all, as the major version
differs

Greetings
Bernd

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
-0

I am really sorry that I did not catch this in the first review, but
I am afraid we will be headed for a reprise of LANG-749 if we
release this.  The jar manifest has
Bundle-SymbolicName: org.apache.commons.pool

IIUC what was stated in LANG-749, this should be pool2.  This is
picked up from commons.componentid in the pom, which we should have
updated to pool2.  I made that change in trunk.  I am not an OSGi
expert, so don't really know if this is a showstopper or not.  If
someone can explain that this is not an issue, I will move to +1.

Phil