Posted to user@tika.apache.org by Terence Kent <tk...@xetus.com> on 2012/01/26 21:20:30 UTC

Tika XML Beans version dependency

Hello,

We are currently using Tika 1.0 with XMLBeans 2.3 and we would like to upgrade our version of XMLBeans to 2.4. I don't see anything explicitly saying that XMLBeans version 2.3 is required for Tika 1.0, just a few references to it in the change lists. Is it possible to use XMLBeans 2.4 with Tika 1.0, or is this an unsupported configuration?

Thanks!
Terence

Re: Tika XML Beans version dependency

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.
On Thu, 26 Jan 2012, Terence Kent wrote:
> We are currently using Tika 1.0 with XMLBeans 2.3 and we would like to
> upgrade our version of XMLBeans to 2.4. I don't see anything explicitly
> saying that XMLBeans version 2.3 is required for Tika 1.0, just a few
> references to it in the change lists. Is it possible to use XMLBeans 2.4
> with Tika 1.0, or is this an unsupported configuration?

XMLBeans runtimes are backwards compatible, so for POI we compile with the
oldest version that supports all we need (2.3). This means that you can
run it on 2.3, 2.4 or 2.5 depending on what else you need for the rest of
your application. So, upgrading the runtime to a newer version should be
fine.

(If we compiled the schemas with 2.5, then you wouldn't be able to use
them on 2.3 or 2.4, and we don't want to force people to upgrade if
they're already using and have QA'd a setup with an older runtime)

Nick

Re: Tika XML Beans version dependency

Posted by Terence Kent <tk...@xetus.com>.
Jukka,

Thanks for the info. Looking over the POI docs, there are no clear version requirements there either so we'll give xml-beans 2.5 a shot.

In case anybody else has this question later, I'll check back in and let you know what I find.

Terence

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,