Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Zemian Deng <ke...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/13 16:29:08 UTC

unix download of apache-activemq-5.1.0.tar.gz is corrupted

Hi list,

I tried few mirrors, but the file I got can't be untar. I get the
following error:

tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
tar: A lone zero block at 61740

I used firefox to download. Any idea?
Zemian Deng

Re: unix download of apache-activemq-5.1.0.tar.gz is corrupted

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 8:29 AM, Zemian Deng <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
>  I tried few mirrors, but the file I got can't be untar. I get the
>  following error:
>
>  tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
>  tar: A lone zero block at 61740
>  tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
>
>  I used firefox to download. Any idea?

This has nothing to do with Firefox. It is a bug in the Maven Plexus
container which manifests itself in the Maven Assembly:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MASSEMBLY-302

If you use GNU tar you'll be OK:

$ tar zxvf /path/to/archive.tar.gz

You'll see the errors, but they're harmless.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/

Re: unix download of apache-activemq-5.1.0.tar.gz is corrupted

Posted by Zemian Deng <ke...@gmail.com>.
I am using MacOSX tar command and it doesn't work :(

Also, I can't find instruction on how to verify the file with PGP. I
have a MacPGP installed, but not sure where to go from here. Do I need
a public key from activemq project to verify the file?

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 12:38 PM, Zemian Deng <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hum... perhaps, a note of warning on the wiki near download page will
>  be helpful then.

Yes, that's a good point. Done.

>  I still don't know to use PGP to verify the download. Can someone
>  enlightening me?

The Apache HTTP Server project has some info on this here:

http://httpd.apache.org/dev/verification.html

Bruce
);'

Posted by Zemian Deng <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
with other downloads such as tomcat or httpd, I don't have this problem

Filip

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.