Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by dummy <le...@cmks.com.sg> on 2005/07/20 03:29:11 UTC

tomcat as service under linux how-to

Hi,

I would like to know how to start-up tomcat as services under LINUX and at
the same time start-up apache after tomcat has started.
How to check whether tomcat is already started before apache is started ?

I don't have this on windows system.

Re: tomcat as service under linux how-to

Posted by Luis Durán <el...@cantv.net>.
dummy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know how to start-up tomcat as services under LINUX and at
> the same time start-up apache after tomcat has started.
> How to check whether tomcat is already started before apache is started ?
>
> I don't have this on windows system.

You could use "netstat -tlp" as root and see the ports where you have
configured tomcat on open (listening), you will see a java-* process
name too. This is one way, maybe not the best, but works.

--

Luis Edgardo Durán Lebis
Soporte Técnico y Sistemas

Re: tomcat as service under linux how-to

Posted by Foo Shyn <fo...@mnc.com.my>.
Put a script that starts Apache and Tomcat into the /etc/rc.d/init.d folder.
U can modify the rc.local script to run the script when Linux boot.
U can run a ps -ef | grep command to check whether Tomcat is running before
u start running Apache. By the way, y do u need to start Tomcat first before
starting Apache? if u wanna do connection between Apache and Tomcat using
mod_jk, i think that starting Apache first before starting Tomcat is the
way, just my opinion though.

BTW, Google is your friend.

F.S.